Sunday 22 May 2011

Some are red some are blue. . .


Roses are one of the most timeless flowers in the world and every year in spring I go around saying frequently how much I love them, and sticking my nose in as many as possible. 
After this Fieldguided post, of the flowers of London she saw when she was over here visiting, it made me realise how many beautiful types of roses there were around my area. So after work on friday I dawdled my way home with my trusty phone snapping photos of some.






And did you know that every kind of rose means something?! So you are not just giving someone a pretty smelling thing but you are also telling them something. For example:
 Red - Love, Romance, Beauty, Passion, I love you; Desire, Courage; Respect

White- Purity, Youth, Pure Love, Virginal, Innocence and purity, I am worthy of you, You're heavenly

Pink - Happiness, Appreciation, Thankfulness, Grace, Gentle Love, Please believe me

Dark Pink - Gratitude, Thank You

Yellow - Joy, Gladness, Friendship, Delight, Platonic Love, Jealousy, Freedom

Yellow with Red Tip - Falling in Love

Orange - Fascination, Desire, Passion, Enthusiasm

Red and White - Two colors; Passionate Purity, Unity

Peach - Sincerity, Gratitude, Appreciation, Modesty, Admiration, Sympathy

Lavender - Love at first sight, Enchantment

Black - Death, Farewell

Blue - Impossible, Unattainable, Mystery

Red Rosebud - Symbol of Purity and Loveliness

White Rosebud - Girlhood, Youth

Thornless Rose - "Love at First Sight"


So the next time you give someone roses make sure you are not saying the wrong thing!



1 comment:

  1. lovely post! although roses aren't my favorite, they are pretty to look at (:
    thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete