Wednesday 15 May 2013

Sam - Foyles War

I am sure I have told you lovely peeps before, since the beginning of the year I have been slightly obsessed with detective shows, preferably set in the 20s, 30s or 40s.
I have been working my way through Poirot, Miss Marple and the rather marvellous Endeavour ( The young Morse, set in the 60s and awesome).
 I cant believe that its taken me this long to get round to Foyles War.
I love it frankly.

The main female character is the great Detectives driver, Sam.
Most of the time we see her only in her drivers uniform, which is great but I was craving the costume designers to let her get dressed up a little. And finally at the end of Series 2 it happened:)



I love her cute summery dress and cardigan Combo she wears on a Cinema date:)
The detail of the white flowers on the blue panels is cute. 




Out for a stroll date number 2 is my favourite I think. Its a shame you don't get a proper look at her lovely red coat but I like the colour and simple shape. The contrasting blue pussy bow looks great on her black blouse/dress.
She also wears the same accessories throughout the seasons and one of my favourite are these blue flower earrings, they are so sweet and a gorgeous colour.


- All Screen-caps taken by me -

And finally I loved the way her hair is done in Braids for work:) makes me want to grow my hair out:)
Does anyone else have any period show recommendations for me?
I have a feeling I am going to work through this series pretty fast!!

Happy Wednesday to you all:)



No comments:

Post a Comment